Plain Text |
|Date: ||Wed, 26 Jan 2011 17:20:36|
1) Misdemeanor is a less serious crime with a less severe penalty. Felony is more serious with worse penalty.
2) Federal is just when it goes over the span of more than 2 states, state means it happens just in the state.
3) Criminal act, State of mind, motive.
4) Insanity, entrapment, self defense, defense of family members.
1) Murder, manslaughter, assault and battery, kidnapping,sex offense, domestic violence, hate crimes.
2) Burglary, larceny, embezzlement, robbery, arson, vandalism, shoplifting.
3) Doing illegal drugs, drinking and driving.
4) Computer fraud and abuse act specifically aims at computer hackers.
Question of ethics.
There is such thing as an ethical crime, although some crimes such as stealing aren’t ethical, there are laws that aren’t made well that makes people do unethical things. I would consider the clerk to have unethical behavior, stealing is stealing, the company may have to lay off people because of them getting things stolen so they will make people lose their job anyway, so stealing could cause people to be homeless in a way.